Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Latest "Plan"


Okay.  So it should be obvious to anyone who has been reading my blog to this point that me and travel itineraries don't really live on the same plane of existence.  One word: PENCIL - I can only write them in pencil!!  However, that being said, some want to know what the heck I'm doing with myself so here you go...

I have a general idea about what I'm doing:

I think I mentioned that my friend Jill has changed over her travel plan and as such we're not doing the whole big thing together that we'd planned, yah?  And I think I already mentioned that I don't want to redo some of the places I've already seen since I'll be on my own, correct

So, here we go.  Plan B, or C.  Or maybe it's D... something like that...

Until near the end of April when my visa runs out I am going to keep my butt in sweet, beautiful Bangladesh

When the government MAKEs me leave (because that's what it's going to take!), I will head to lovely (if grossly touristy and polluted) Nepal for 2 weeks. 

After that I will come back to Bangladesh for a month before heading out for a month in Sri Lanka (which I am still very excited about) and a few weeks split between Laos and Thailand, and heading back to Canada for July 31st (Mom's birthday, I promised, but liklely not a day sooner!).
That, is my approximation of a new travel plan.  No map, no sticky notes, just a rough guess to answer curiousity. 

It's kind of a "plan."
Feel free to laugh now, I won't hear you.

1 comment:

  1. Even if ur someone who always sticks to ur plan, being on the go for that long makes it almost impossible. Just have fun and roll with it~~~

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

My to-do List (May it Continue to Grow!)

Take a 'real' Korean class (check!)

Spend a weekend in the country (check!)

Try some kind of art class (maybe painting?)

Take the ferry to a farming island and hang out for a weekend minbak-style in the summer

Check out some kind of art exhibit (check!)

Go to Everland and see the animal safari

Go to Caribbean Bay in the summer

Take a martial art for 6 months consecutively

Cliff dive over near ChiriSan, if I can find the spot

Practice yoga for 3 months (in a class maybe?) (check!)

Take a digital photography course

Spend my weekends doing stuff (check!)

Make Korean friends (check!)

Visit JeJu Island

Do the Vagina Monologues again

Go to the fun concerts that visit (check!)

Work as a counselor in one of the schools

Reconnect with old friends (check!)

Join a hiking/touring group and do stuff (check!)

Let go of my obsessiong w/converting KRW to CAD (check!)

Do a 5km run just for the fun of it

See the Broadway shows that visit

Climb a mountain (check!)

Go to the mud festival in July (check!)

Keep in touch regularly with friends and family back at home

Labels

"Bundang Apartment" "ESL Planet" "first day" "first day" school "Jolly Pong" "Korean Goodness" "Medical Exam" "Pico Iyer" "Puran Dhaka" "visa extension" 6-7-8 activities acupuncture adjummas adventure Airport AK Plaza Anapji Pond anxious apartment apartment. bundang apartment. money Arrival Art baking Ban-Po Sauna Bangladesh Bangladesh Embassy in Seoul bank bbq BCS Computer City Best Kids Birisiri birthday Bomun Lake breakfast Buddha Bulguksa Butterfingers call-van Casa Loma Castle CGV Cherry Blossoms Church clothes CNG coffeenie computers concert contract Costco countdown Dabotap Demonstration departure Dhaka doctor E-Mart Embassy Family fatwa festival firsts Flowers Flying food friends furniture getting ready Gongju Goodbye Grandpas grotto growing up Gulshan-2 District Gyeong-Ju hartal Hawaii health heart gifts hiking home plus hospital hotel Incheon Airport Indian Visa Application Insa-Dong Intelligi Building Jenny Jim-Jil-Bang Jiri Mountain Jongmyo Shrine JukJeon Jupiter Class kids and moms Korea korea career teaching Korean Friends Korean History La Clinique Bundang La Merce learning korean leaving Maggie Maggie and Murphy Magoksa manners massage Mini Yorkshire Terriers mistakes moods Mornings motorcycle movie theatre Movies moving Music my history in Korea myeongdong Mymensingh Namdaemun Market nervous noraebahng officetel Ori packing Palace Park Passport pedicure People Photography Photos Pinwheels plans play prayers present puppies quotes rain Rally recruiter Riding the bus river sanderghat Sauna savings Schedule school Scuba Diving Scuta Diving Sejon Center Seokguram Seoul shopping sick sinus infection sleepover snow soccer sports Spring Srimongol starbucks strike subway summer Tapgol Park taxi tea garden Teacher's Day teaching teaching reading teaching speaking temple temple stay Thailand the gym time to-do-list tornado Toronto train travel underwater photos university update veterinarian Video VIPs Visa Waiting Walking wandering weather wedding weekend why Korea yellow dust YWCA