Thursday, May 6, 2010

Relaxin' at Home

May is kind of a 'family month' in Korea, with Children's Day, Parents Day, and Grandparents Day all in 'holidays' within it. The only one that gets us the day off work is Children's day, which was yesterday. I made my kids a little present for children's day using the photos I took of them at the beginning of the year. Of course I forgot to take a picture of them, but they were pretty cute. I'm sure their parents appreciated the little present, if only for the time taken to make them. :)

It was nice to have a day off in the middle of the week and I didn't fill it up with plans because I've been feeling a little draggy lately. Thankfully I'm almost to the end of the 3rd season of a new show 'Army Wives' that I downloaded... I've been stuck to the computer since I got it and I think it's been affecting my moods spending so much self-imposed time inside!!


I took Mags in to the vet to get fixed. They did a bunch of preliminary tests just to make sure she was 100% in the health department, which she was (yay!). I can't imagine the stress of bringing a child to the hospital for a health check with bloodwork etc., as I just had my puppy and my stomach was in knots the whole hour I waited there for the results. New amount of sympathy for parents I tell ya!! Mags is coming home tonight after my Korean class, so I'll keep you posted on how she's doing. They called me yesterday of course when she came out of surgery and said that she did well. They kept her overnight to allow her a bit more rest, I really missed her last night!!  :)

The temperature here was incredible yesterday, we got up to 27C... I checked the weather at home on my little weather network icon and it said Alberta was -1C... ugh!! Was I ever happy to be over here and not there!! I enjoyed the weather out walking around in my tshirt, shorts and sandals... the air was thick with moisture, it was so muggy, but I loved EVERY second of it!

HaYoung and TaeJeong came over yesterday to hang out. It's the first time I had anyone visit me at home, so it was a little strange, but nice! HaYoung manicured me all up with pink and white polkadots (very cutesy Korea-style) and then I taught her how to write in cursive (she said it looked like arabic script, lol, I didn't see the resemblance!). When TaeJeong arrived we cooked up some ramyeon for dinner (you know Mr Noodles? Same thing but spicy instead of chicken). I was relieved I had bought an extra set of silverware last week, lol, at least the 3 of us could eat at the same time!! Once it was cooked we didn't all fill our bowls, like we would at home... the pot went into the centre of the table and we just served up noodles into our own little side bowls a bit at a time, it was funny to me... eating like at the Korean restaurant, lol...

After we ate they spied my pile of card-making stuff on the bookshelves so we spent most of the rest of the evening stamping and making stuff, spread out all over the floor, lol... I actually had lots of fun, and got to practice my Korean a bit - yay! Korean class tonight and then tomorrow is Friday - yay!!  I was going to head out to a temple stay this weekend, but due to the puppy situation I think I'll be rescheduling for a bit later. I'll fill you in on my trip into Seoul last weekend too once I get all caught up... I started writing but I didn't get it finished!

I'm off to pay my bills for the month (wish me luck, I haven't attempted that yet and it all has to be done IN the bank where nobody speaks English!)... Hope you're happy (and warm!), talk again soon... S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

My to-do List (May it Continue to Grow!)

Take a 'real' Korean class (check!)

Spend a weekend in the country (check!)

Try some kind of art class (maybe painting?)

Take the ferry to a farming island and hang out for a weekend minbak-style in the summer

Check out some kind of art exhibit (check!)

Go to Everland and see the animal safari

Go to Caribbean Bay in the summer

Take a martial art for 6 months consecutively

Cliff dive over near ChiriSan, if I can find the spot

Practice yoga for 3 months (in a class maybe?) (check!)

Take a digital photography course

Spend my weekends doing stuff (check!)

Make Korean friends (check!)

Visit JeJu Island

Do the Vagina Monologues again

Go to the fun concerts that visit (check!)

Work as a counselor in one of the schools

Reconnect with old friends (check!)

Join a hiking/touring group and do stuff (check!)

Let go of my obsessiong w/converting KRW to CAD (check!)

Do a 5km run just for the fun of it

See the Broadway shows that visit

Climb a mountain (check!)

Go to the mud festival in July (check!)

Keep in touch regularly with friends and family back at home

Labels

"Bundang Apartment" "ESL Planet" "first day" "first day" school "Jolly Pong" "Korean Goodness" "Medical Exam" "Pico Iyer" "Puran Dhaka" "visa extension" 6-7-8 activities acupuncture adjummas adventure Airport AK Plaza Anapji Pond anxious apartment apartment. bundang apartment. money Arrival Art baking Ban-Po Sauna Bangladesh Bangladesh Embassy in Seoul bank bbq BCS Computer City Best Kids Birisiri birthday Bomun Lake breakfast Buddha Bulguksa Butterfingers call-van Casa Loma Castle CGV Cherry Blossoms Church clothes CNG coffeenie computers concert contract Costco countdown Dabotap Demonstration departure Dhaka doctor E-Mart Embassy Family fatwa festival firsts Flowers Flying food friends furniture getting ready Gongju Goodbye Grandpas grotto growing up Gulshan-2 District Gyeong-Ju hartal Hawaii health heart gifts hiking home plus hospital hotel Incheon Airport Indian Visa Application Insa-Dong Intelligi Building Jenny Jim-Jil-Bang Jiri Mountain Jongmyo Shrine JukJeon Jupiter Class kids and moms Korea korea career teaching Korean Friends Korean History La Clinique Bundang La Merce learning korean leaving Maggie Maggie and Murphy Magoksa manners massage Mini Yorkshire Terriers mistakes moods Mornings motorcycle movie theatre Movies moving Music my history in Korea myeongdong Mymensingh Namdaemun Market nervous noraebahng officetel Ori packing Palace Park Passport pedicure People Photography Photos Pinwheels plans play prayers present puppies quotes rain Rally recruiter Riding the bus river sanderghat Sauna savings Schedule school Scuba Diving Scuta Diving Sejon Center Seokguram Seoul shopping sick sinus infection sleepover snow soccer sports Spring Srimongol starbucks strike subway summer Tapgol Park taxi tea garden Teacher's Day teaching teaching reading teaching speaking temple temple stay Thailand the gym time to-do-list tornado Toronto train travel underwater photos university update veterinarian Video VIPs Visa Waiting Walking wandering weather wedding weekend why Korea yellow dust YWCA