Monday, February 8, 2010

We're Booked!


So the flight is booked, I am leaving on the 16th at 9:45am in the morning out of Edmonton, arriving in Korea late afternoon on the 17th. Korea is 8 hours ahead of us timewise, so I'll lose some time that way. I never mind so much so long as I can catch a wink or two on the plane. It's a bit of an odd feeling, leaving, of the 'parting is such sweet sorrow' variety. I'm going to miss a lot of things, and life is certainly about to go through some major shifting, but I am just now starting to get really really excited about the adventures ahead.

S and I are trying to figure out what it will all look like, as she has decided upon a new-old adventure of her own. Maggie has all of her vaccinations and travel gear (though I have yet to get her into the carrier bag without much screeching and squawking), I have some new luggage and a few new pieces for the wardrobe (I don't think I'll be ready for the "you too fat!" comments right away, I hope to put off shopping for clothing in Korea as long as possible). I'm heading up to spend some time with Mom in a couple of days, and this past few days with the besty and god babies have been really great. One more stop for a bit of shopping for shoes and undies post-final-payday and I'm all set.

I'll find out more later this afternoon about the Bundang job and the apartment when I talk to the school, hopefully everything is going to be all set up before I arrive - that would be rockin'! So today is the 7th, 9 more sleeps and I'm hoppin' the plane, woohoo! It's a little baby 'woohoo' for now, but it's growing...

3 comments:

  1. This is a 'test' comment, because a couple of people have said they can't leave notes (including my mom!) - and that's no good! So here goes, let's see... S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gald to hear your recruiter came through for you. Been thinking of you all day. Sure hope Maggie doesn't suffer too much jet lag and you too for that matter. Love the blog...Will visit every day Tried to send this by selecting Name/Url but wouldn't let me. That is why I have to do anon. Love.......Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny that your name/url won't work, I did it from your computer in the post above!! It's ok though, Anon works fine when you sign your name! :)

    Mags was great on the trip, superduperfabulous really, and I'm so ready for bed. I'm glad you're enjoying the blog, I'll take care to keep you updated on all of my exciting goodness... love you mom!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

My to-do List (May it Continue to Grow!)

Take a 'real' Korean class (check!)

Spend a weekend in the country (check!)

Try some kind of art class (maybe painting?)

Take the ferry to a farming island and hang out for a weekend minbak-style in the summer

Check out some kind of art exhibit (check!)

Go to Everland and see the animal safari

Go to Caribbean Bay in the summer

Take a martial art for 6 months consecutively

Cliff dive over near ChiriSan, if I can find the spot

Practice yoga for 3 months (in a class maybe?) (check!)

Take a digital photography course

Spend my weekends doing stuff (check!)

Make Korean friends (check!)

Visit JeJu Island

Do the Vagina Monologues again

Go to the fun concerts that visit (check!)

Work as a counselor in one of the schools

Reconnect with old friends (check!)

Join a hiking/touring group and do stuff (check!)

Let go of my obsessiong w/converting KRW to CAD (check!)

Do a 5km run just for the fun of it

See the Broadway shows that visit

Climb a mountain (check!)

Go to the mud festival in July (check!)

Keep in touch regularly with friends and family back at home

Labels

"Bundang Apartment" "ESL Planet" "first day" "first day" school "Jolly Pong" "Korean Goodness" "Medical Exam" "Pico Iyer" "Puran Dhaka" "visa extension" 6-7-8 activities acupuncture adjummas adventure Airport AK Plaza Anapji Pond anxious apartment apartment. bundang apartment. money Arrival Art baking Ban-Po Sauna Bangladesh Bangladesh Embassy in Seoul bank bbq BCS Computer City Best Kids Birisiri birthday Bomun Lake breakfast Buddha Bulguksa Butterfingers call-van Casa Loma Castle CGV Cherry Blossoms Church clothes CNG coffeenie computers concert contract Costco countdown Dabotap Demonstration departure Dhaka doctor E-Mart Embassy Family fatwa festival firsts Flowers Flying food friends furniture getting ready Gongju Goodbye Grandpas grotto growing up Gulshan-2 District Gyeong-Ju hartal Hawaii health heart gifts hiking home plus hospital hotel Incheon Airport Indian Visa Application Insa-Dong Intelligi Building Jenny Jim-Jil-Bang Jiri Mountain Jongmyo Shrine JukJeon Jupiter Class kids and moms Korea korea career teaching Korean Friends Korean History La Clinique Bundang La Merce learning korean leaving Maggie Maggie and Murphy Magoksa manners massage Mini Yorkshire Terriers mistakes moods Mornings motorcycle movie theatre Movies moving Music my history in Korea myeongdong Mymensingh Namdaemun Market nervous noraebahng officetel Ori packing Palace Park Passport pedicure People Photography Photos Pinwheels plans play prayers present puppies quotes rain Rally recruiter Riding the bus river sanderghat Sauna savings Schedule school Scuba Diving Scuta Diving Sejon Center Seokguram Seoul shopping sick sinus infection sleepover snow soccer sports Spring Srimongol starbucks strike subway summer Tapgol Park taxi tea garden Teacher's Day teaching teaching reading teaching speaking temple temple stay Thailand the gym time to-do-list tornado Toronto train travel underwater photos university update veterinarian Video VIPs Visa Waiting Walking wandering weather wedding weekend why Korea yellow dust YWCA