Thursday, March 11, 2010

Shopping!!!!

Okay, so right now I should be working on homework rather than typing on my blog, but I don’t feel like it – so here I am! It snowed here in the past couple of days, so that has made me moody, so I need to find somewhere to redirect my energy. I can say that it’s been harder for me to focus on school here than it was at home. I can’t attend the classes in real time and I have to watch recordings after the fact, which I'm not always highly motivated to do (due to the boredom factor), and of course nobody double-checks that I even do that - I'll be glad to be done (in the year 2078!). So, needless to say, when I have to do it I’ll do it, but as usual, it ain’t gonna happen before then!


 Anyway... went back to Home Plus again yesterday! It’s a terribly fantastic store and I easily killed 2 hours wandering around the aisles checking things out. I can get just about anything I need there, and they have nice produce (which is a real plus in a big store!). I picked up a few more things for the apartment, a small heap of things for the puppy, as well as some groceries so my fridge and cupboards are now nowhere near bare!!


I found a new comforter without any shades of fuchsia, along with a new pillow...
 


I got some new dishes to cook with and to eat off of...



   

And this is the first real meal I've eaten at home that didn't revolve around ramyeon soups...

I picked up a pretty humidifier (yes, I said 'a pretty humidifier', no need for plain-Jane in Korea!),

I got some new teas (jasmine and chamomille),

and I finally bought a bag of coffee... we’ll see how that works out when I brew some in my 4-cupper tomorrow!


And for the cherry on top, I also picked up a bottle of Jacob’s Creek greanache/shiraz (good old Aussie wines) which is very nice cold... ahhhhh.... 


 
That's it for the shopping until payday at the end of the month, when I might buy a mattress pad and a couple more things for the house (oh, and some plants!!!). Shopping is much fun, even when you have to lug it all home on the subway... there was a very nice man in the station walking up from the train who carried half of my bags to the entrance as I was walking up the stairs - I appreciated the small kindness!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! What is it exactly you are eating at home. One picture looked like the squigglies actually had eyes. Don'tthink I would have to go to WW if I lived there. The only thing that looked edible to me was your oranges and tomatoes.
    I thought you were feeling better with your sinus and allergies. Is it clearing up at all. Have you lost your voice again. Please tell me you are okay and are on the road to a lasting recovery. Don't like to think you are sick. So stay healthy and stay safe. XO XO Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahaha, mom when I read your comment about the squigglies with eyes I laughed and laughed and laughed :) The best part? They *do* have eyes!! They're little fishies in a kind of a honey glaze, and though they look totally barfable, they're really good!!! The black beans are also in a bit of a sweet sauce, and I made a tofu stirfry with spinach and a few different kinds of mushrooms. I haven't ventured into the meat section yet because it's so loud (more to follow after I go grocery shopping!) but I'll pick up some chicken and fish soon. There are many more edible things (eyes not included) in Korea, I promise I'd find you some good food!

    As for the being sick, nope, I'm still sick, but my voice is about 80% and I think the infection is getting better. If it's not better by Monday I'll make plans to go into the International Clinic in Seoul next week to see an American doctor, get some American drugs, for an American amount of time (none of this 'here's 2 days of medication' business the Korean doctors seem to do). Am feeling much better though, a weekend of rest and I should be even better! Love you much!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

My to-do List (May it Continue to Grow!)

Take a 'real' Korean class (check!)

Spend a weekend in the country (check!)

Try some kind of art class (maybe painting?)

Take the ferry to a farming island and hang out for a weekend minbak-style in the summer

Check out some kind of art exhibit (check!)

Go to Everland and see the animal safari

Go to Caribbean Bay in the summer

Take a martial art for 6 months consecutively

Cliff dive over near ChiriSan, if I can find the spot

Practice yoga for 3 months (in a class maybe?) (check!)

Take a digital photography course

Spend my weekends doing stuff (check!)

Make Korean friends (check!)

Visit JeJu Island

Do the Vagina Monologues again

Go to the fun concerts that visit (check!)

Work as a counselor in one of the schools

Reconnect with old friends (check!)

Join a hiking/touring group and do stuff (check!)

Let go of my obsessiong w/converting KRW to CAD (check!)

Do a 5km run just for the fun of it

See the Broadway shows that visit

Climb a mountain (check!)

Go to the mud festival in July (check!)

Keep in touch regularly with friends and family back at home

Labels

"Bundang Apartment" "ESL Planet" "first day" "first day" school "Jolly Pong" "Korean Goodness" "Medical Exam" "Pico Iyer" "Puran Dhaka" "visa extension" 6-7-8 activities acupuncture adjummas adventure Airport AK Plaza Anapji Pond anxious apartment apartment. bundang apartment. money Arrival Art baking Ban-Po Sauna Bangladesh Bangladesh Embassy in Seoul bank bbq BCS Computer City Best Kids Birisiri birthday Bomun Lake breakfast Buddha Bulguksa Butterfingers call-van Casa Loma Castle CGV Cherry Blossoms Church clothes CNG coffeenie computers concert contract Costco countdown Dabotap Demonstration departure Dhaka doctor E-Mart Embassy Family fatwa festival firsts Flowers Flying food friends furniture getting ready Gongju Goodbye Grandpas grotto growing up Gulshan-2 District Gyeong-Ju hartal Hawaii health heart gifts hiking home plus hospital hotel Incheon Airport Indian Visa Application Insa-Dong Intelligi Building Jenny Jim-Jil-Bang Jiri Mountain Jongmyo Shrine JukJeon Jupiter Class kids and moms Korea korea career teaching Korean Friends Korean History La Clinique Bundang La Merce learning korean leaving Maggie Maggie and Murphy Magoksa manners massage Mini Yorkshire Terriers mistakes moods Mornings motorcycle movie theatre Movies moving Music my history in Korea myeongdong Mymensingh Namdaemun Market nervous noraebahng officetel Ori packing Palace Park Passport pedicure People Photography Photos Pinwheels plans play prayers present puppies quotes rain Rally recruiter Riding the bus river sanderghat Sauna savings Schedule school Scuba Diving Scuta Diving Sejon Center Seokguram Seoul shopping sick sinus infection sleepover snow soccer sports Spring Srimongol starbucks strike subway summer Tapgol Park taxi tea garden Teacher's Day teaching teaching reading teaching speaking temple temple stay Thailand the gym time to-do-list tornado Toronto train travel underwater photos university update veterinarian Video VIPs Visa Waiting Walking wandering weather wedding weekend why Korea yellow dust YWCA