Sunday, March 14, 2010

This is Why I Am a CAT Person


Because there is a little creature in my apartment that is apparently suffering from separation anxiety (ironic, considering the client in my latest case study is dealing with the same issues), I feel like I now have to build my entire life pretty much around her.

Since moving my pup just keeps getting wierder and more tightly wound, and now she's peeing in the house, whining a lot, and practically on top of my *all*the*time. Now she's cute, and looks like such a sweetie, so you might find yourself wondering, "how could something so cute and small and sweet be so much trouble?" I tell you, I find myself wondering the same thing every time I have to clean up a new puddle, or rewash the blanket that JUST came out of the washing machine.

SO, after getting some advice from friends (screw Ceasar, he's useless!), I have decided that maybe it's just that she needs some regularity to her days like she used to have, and that we need to have a schedule. I'm going to try it for a month, (a) to see if I can live with it, and (b) to see if it makes things any better for my poor pup.. If it does, great, we'll both adapt and carry on. If it doesn't work, I guess I'll be looking at alternate arrangements for her, as I'm actually starting to get worried about my little peanut's psyche!

So cross your fingers for me, and have a good laugh when you see how I'm structuring my comings and goings around my puppy... but, it'll really be worth it if she's happier and I can stop stressing about her!!

So for now I'm off to bed early, cuz we're back to RUNning in the morning! Hope you're having yourself an incredible weekend... S

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed by the way you always seem to make the most of your time. You are never idle and put your thinking cap on regularly. Kudos!
    I sure hope you and Mags can get this figured out. She always did suffer from abandonment issues. She didn't even like you to go to the bathroom when you were here.
    Finally Daylight Saving has arrived. Now if the snow would just melt away I would be happy, happy.
    Look at you and your blog attracting people from Germany and Algeria. Do you know them or are your skills as a writer somehow drawing attention?
    My weekend consisted of hockey(of course)laundry and Desperate Housewives.
    Am wondeirng what you are doing for a blanket til Tuesday. Keep warm and stay safe. Much love and huge hugs...........Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firelynx knows lots about dogs so I'm going to try her suggestions, hopefully they will help!

    Yep, no time for idle hands around here, not if I want a happy dog and a happy me!

    Laziness drains all the sunshine outta me so I'm going to avoid it as much as I can!

    Not sure where the hits from Germany and Algeria came from, but as far as drawing attention, that would require that country's numbers to go UP when those people actually come bAcK to visit repeatedly, that would mean they were dropping by more than 'just a peek' sorta thing.

    Ended up getting my blanket Sunday morning from the drycleaner, he had it ready early. The other nights I slept on the floor with my sleeping mat and sheets (the floor is heated so I was warm enough).

    Off to school for the day, hope you've had a good hockey/DH weekend! Love you lots, talk to you soon, xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

My to-do List (May it Continue to Grow!)

Take a 'real' Korean class (check!)

Spend a weekend in the country (check!)

Try some kind of art class (maybe painting?)

Take the ferry to a farming island and hang out for a weekend minbak-style in the summer

Check out some kind of art exhibit (check!)

Go to Everland and see the animal safari

Go to Caribbean Bay in the summer

Take a martial art for 6 months consecutively

Cliff dive over near ChiriSan, if I can find the spot

Practice yoga for 3 months (in a class maybe?) (check!)

Take a digital photography course

Spend my weekends doing stuff (check!)

Make Korean friends (check!)

Visit JeJu Island

Do the Vagina Monologues again

Go to the fun concerts that visit (check!)

Work as a counselor in one of the schools

Reconnect with old friends (check!)

Join a hiking/touring group and do stuff (check!)

Let go of my obsessiong w/converting KRW to CAD (check!)

Do a 5km run just for the fun of it

See the Broadway shows that visit

Climb a mountain (check!)

Go to the mud festival in July (check!)

Keep in touch regularly with friends and family back at home

Labels

"Bundang Apartment" "ESL Planet" "first day" "first day" school "Jolly Pong" "Korean Goodness" "Medical Exam" "Pico Iyer" "Puran Dhaka" "visa extension" 6-7-8 activities acupuncture adjummas adventure Airport AK Plaza Anapji Pond anxious apartment apartment. bundang apartment. money Arrival Art baking Ban-Po Sauna Bangladesh Bangladesh Embassy in Seoul bank bbq BCS Computer City Best Kids Birisiri birthday Bomun Lake breakfast Buddha Bulguksa Butterfingers call-van Casa Loma Castle CGV Cherry Blossoms Church clothes CNG coffeenie computers concert contract Costco countdown Dabotap Demonstration departure Dhaka doctor E-Mart Embassy Family fatwa festival firsts Flowers Flying food friends furniture getting ready Gongju Goodbye Grandpas grotto growing up Gulshan-2 District Gyeong-Ju hartal Hawaii health heart gifts hiking home plus hospital hotel Incheon Airport Indian Visa Application Insa-Dong Intelligi Building Jenny Jim-Jil-Bang Jiri Mountain Jongmyo Shrine JukJeon Jupiter Class kids and moms Korea korea career teaching Korean Friends Korean History La Clinique Bundang La Merce learning korean leaving Maggie Maggie and Murphy Magoksa manners massage Mini Yorkshire Terriers mistakes moods Mornings motorcycle movie theatre Movies moving Music my history in Korea myeongdong Mymensingh Namdaemun Market nervous noraebahng officetel Ori packing Palace Park Passport pedicure People Photography Photos Pinwheels plans play prayers present puppies quotes rain Rally recruiter Riding the bus river sanderghat Sauna savings Schedule school Scuba Diving Scuta Diving Sejon Center Seokguram Seoul shopping sick sinus infection sleepover snow soccer sports Spring Srimongol starbucks strike subway summer Tapgol Park taxi tea garden Teacher's Day teaching teaching reading teaching speaking temple temple stay Thailand the gym time to-do-list tornado Toronto train travel underwater photos university update veterinarian Video VIPs Visa Waiting Walking wandering weather wedding weekend why Korea yellow dust YWCA